Vegan mashed sweet potatoes is the perfect side dish your Christmas table. A vibrant orange puree with the most delicious, creamy, Soft and delicate texture that everyone likes!
This healthy mashed sweet potato recipe is here too gluten and dairy free.
How To Prepare Vegan Sweet Potato
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes. Bring a large pot of water Bring to the boil and add the diced sweet potato with a little salt and leave to cook. Until soft, About 15 minutes.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and let them rest in a colander Let it dry for a few minutes.
- Return the sweet potatoes to the pan. Add the vegan butter and vegan garlic mashed potatoes and vegan butter.
- Now add some dairy-free milk and mix everything together. The potatoes are soft and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot, with a few pieces of vegan butter and a pinch of cinnamon (optional).
- Orange sweet potatoes (about four large orange sweet potatoes), peel them and cut them into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes.
- Garlic clove
- Vegan butter
- Unsweetened almond milk or dairy completely vegetable Home. I have found almond milk or soy milk to be better because they are creamy and non-creamy it noticeably disturbs the flavour of the sweet potato. Other milk, such as oat milk or Rice milk with a touch of sweetness that some people don't like. Choose something whatever you prefer.
- Food yeast: gives the dish a slightly cheesy and savoury flavour porridge it is optional, but very tasty.
- Ground black pepper
- To give a softer autumnal note, you can add a pinch Cinnamon or nutmeg with sweet potato puree. Feel free to add it if I love these spices.
Cut The Sweet Potatoes Into Cubes
- Don't worry. Cutting a sweet potato is easy Cubes.
- First, peel the mashed vegan sweet potatoes and cut them into 1-inch pieces. Thick slices.
- Then place the sweet potato slices on the cutting surface. Cutting board and cut them into 2.5 cm cubes.
- Finally, cut each stick into 2.5 cm cubes.
Cook The Sweet Potatoes
- Put the sweet potato cubes a large saucepan and water Cold water. Then cover the pan with a lid.
- Next, heat the pan over medium-high heat. The water is boiling.
- Once the water boils, cook the mashed vegan sweet potatoes for about 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- How long it takes to cook vegan mashed sweet potatoes depends on how you cook them. Slice the sweet potatoes evenly. For 1 inch cubes, it takes about 15 minutes. The larger you cut the vegetables, the longer they will take to soften.
- This operation may take up to 25 minutes if the cubes measure 2 inches big.
Draining And Mashing
- Place the cooked vegetables in a colander and drain Wait 10 minutes for it to steam.
- Then add the cooked sweet potato cubes to the pan. Or put it in a large pot or any pan and mash it with a potato masher, fork, or an immersion blender.
- The more you mash the sweet potatoes, the softer they will become. Ser. It's up to you to cut the vegetables more or less according to your preferences. I love your puree.
- Some people love it: super smooth, no lumps and even I prefer to put the cooked cubes in a food processor to blend.
- Personally I prefer a few pieces of vegetables, and this is the method we use.
Add The Remaining Ingredients
- Now the magic happens: add the remaining ingredients. to create a smooth, flavourful puree.
- Use a wooden spoon and add the almond milk, vegan butter, Garlic, salt and pepper until well combined.
- You can return the pan to medium-low heat to reheat sweet potatoes and helps melt vegan butter.
Feel free to add or omit some add-ons, such as
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh minced garlic
- Nutritional yeast
These are the most important ingredients for making vegan mashed sweet potatoes Delicious and with a spectacular flavour!
Read Also: Chocolate Walnut Cookies
How To Make Mashed Sweet Potatoes
There are several ways to make vegan mashed sweet potatoes they are cooked. Each technique provides a different texture:
This will give you a thicker texture it depends on how long you knead.
This is a great alternative if you don't have local apples. Potatoes are richer and also prefer a slightly coarse and chunky texture.
Using a Food Processor causes a Ultra smooth texture, but be careful not to overwork it, otherwise it will cause a with a rubbery texture.
This will give you a smoother texture. Than with the potato masher, but not as smooth as with the food processor.
Hand Mixer Or Stand
Similar to a food processor produces a smooth and creamy texture.